- 4 large potatoes, cut into quarters (peeling is optional; leaving the skins on will increase your fiber intake significantly)
- 6 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, whole
- ⅓ ½ cup unflavoured soy milk
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add the potatoes and whole garlic cloves.
- Cook on medium-high for 8–10 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and transfer potatoes and garlic into a large boil, or back into the pot you cooked them in.
- Add the soy milk, olive oil, parsley and salt and pepper, and mash well.