Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Garlic and Corn Risotto from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 3¾ cups fat free chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked arborio or long grain rice
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- ⅓ cup low fat parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Bring ⅓ cups of the broth in a large saucepan to boiling and add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and corn then cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining broth and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered for 15–20 minutes or until rice is tender and creamy, stirring often to absorb liquid.
- Remove from heat then add parmesan, mozzarella and parsley.