A fresh combination of real garlic and chickpeas is made with olive oil, fruit juice, and tahini, is enriched with herbs and spices, and is great on chips, seafood, meat, and other dishes.
- 8 ounces chickpeas, soaked and cooked
- 2 garlic bulbs, boiled whole for 20 minutes, drained
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 juice of lemons
- 3 ounces tahini
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- tomatoes, to garnish
- Blend the chickpeas till well puréed.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and add to the chickpeas.
- Put in the oil, lemon juice and tahini. Blend again.
- Add pepper and parsley and mix well. Put the mixture into an oiled mold and chill for 2 hours.
- Turn it onto a plate and garnish with tomato wedges or slices. Serve warm and plain. Reserve the herb and bean-based dip in the refrigerator.