Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen string beans, cut into 2" pieces
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt or salt free seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- In large heavy saucepan, heat oil.
- Add garlic and beans and saute over high heat to sear beans, stirring frequently so they do not burn.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water and vegetable bouillon.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until beans are tender when pierced with tip of sharp knife.
- Add more water, if necessary.
- Frozen beans will take only half the time.
- Add squeeze of lemon juice and toss well.