Simple, delicious garlic prawns - we like these over noodles. Recipe is from Arun's restaurant in Chicago. Do not substitute oyster sauce for the fish sauce, they are not interchangeable. If you need to substitute the fish sauce, use either worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb prawns or Shrimp, peeled with tails left on and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper