This white-hot recipe has tangy secrets: garlic and lemon. An all-time traditional classic for fried rice - you can cook this with other vegetables and herbs the hot way. With sour aroma and fluffy, divine flavor, every scoop of rice is pure lemon power!
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced onion, red, white, or yellow only
- 1 tablespoon corn or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups cooked rice, with brown rice separated at 2 cups and wild rice at ½ cup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon zest, optional
- Cook celery and onion in oil in a large skillet over moderate-high heat until tender crisp.
- Mix with garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add brown rice, wild rice, salt, white pepper, and lemon juice; stir until thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot and plain but pair this fruit-based rice with other main dishes in a fresh, large plate. Garnish with the lemon zest, if desired.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3-5 tablespoons per plate