This white-hot recipe has tangy secrets: garlic and lemon. An all-time traditional classic for fried rice - you can cook this with other vegetables and herbs the hot way. With sour aroma and fluffy, divine flavor, every scoop of rice is pure lemon power!
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced onion, red or white only
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon zest, optional
- Cook celery and onion in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender crisp.
- Stir in garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add brown rice, wild rice, salt, pepper and lemon juice; stir until thoroughly heated. Serve hot with other main dishes. Garnish with the lemon zest, if desired.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 5 tablespoons per plate