- 1½ lbs eggplant, cut into ½ "cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or veg broth)
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili paste with garlic (or plain chili paste)
- ½ tsp minced ginger (i usually use more than this)
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, water and sugar * pour in heated wok cook for a few seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add eggplant and onions.
- Pour liquid mixture over eggplant and toss.
- Add more water so that liquid measures ½ way up the mixture.
- When eggplant is tender, uncover and cook until most of the remaining sauce has evaporated.
- Serve with rice.