This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 blue crabs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic slivered
- 6 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups water
- melted butter for dipping
- Remove top shells, front plates and bottom flaps of crabs.
- Remove anything that is not white meat.
- Leave the large claws attached to the bodies.
- Place crabs in a large pot in four layers sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper, garlic slivers, ginger and one tablespoon olive oil.
- Pour in water and cover.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve crabs and broth with melted butter for dipping.