Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 blue crabs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic slivered
- 6 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups water
- melted butter for dipping
- Remove top shells, front plates and bottom flaps of crabs.
- Remove anything that is not white meat.
- Leave the large claws attached to the bodies.
- Place crabs in a large pot in four layers sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper, garlic slivers, ginger and one tablespoon olive oil.
- Pour in water and cover.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve crabs and broth with melted butter for dipping.