Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 4 servings
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 4 (3 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well mixed.
- Place chicken breast halves in the prepared pan.
- Spread garlic mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, no longer pink, and its juices run clear.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (3-ounce half chicken breast):
- 253 Calories, 25g Protein | 5g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 7g Fat | 129mg Cholesterol | 5mg Sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat | 1 fat | ½ fruit
- Glycemic Index: 4
- Glycemic Load: 3