Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes 4 to 8 servings
- 8 boneless rib eye steaks, 8 to 10 oz each
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in quarters lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- With a sharp pointed knife, make horizontal slits in the sides of each steak.
- Stuff slivers of garlic into slits; brush steaks with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Place steaks on grill 4 to 5 inches from medium hot coals.
- Grill 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Soften cheese and butter to room temperature.
- Add ½ tbsp each salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Stir to blend.
- Remove steaks from grill; top with cheese, butter and return to grill for a few minutes.
- Serve at once.