Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are easy and tasty. I serve these muffins with my Vaca Frita #59433. Recipe is from 'Taste of Cuba'
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and Sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, butter, garlic and Onion.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture; mix together, using as few strokes as possible (do not overbeat, the batter should have some small lumps in it).
- pour the batter into lightly sprayed (with cooking spray) muffin tins, filling them 2/3 full, and bake 20 minutes.
- Test for doneness (insert toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean, they're done); remove the muffins from the tins and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.