These are easy and tasty. I serve these muffins with my Vaca Frita #59433. Recipe is from 'Taste of Cuba'
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and Sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, butter, garlic and Onion.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture; mix together, using as few strokes as possible (do not overbeat, the batter should have some small lumps in it).
- pour the batter into lightly sprayed (with cooking spray) muffin tins, filling them 2/3 full, and bake 20 minutes.
- Test for doneness (insert toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean, they're done); remove the muffins from the tins and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.