- 3 lbs. pastry flour
- a generous ½ lb. of Sugar
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 egg
- enough water to form dough
- 1/2 packet of yeast
- ½-3/4 tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- cream the butter, Sugar and eggs in large bowl. Add spices.
- Dissolve yeast in a little water and add to mix.
- Stir in flour slowly and add tablespoons of water to form dough.
- Knead for ten minutes and place in greased bowl in a warm place.
- Let rise for an hour and knead again for 5 minutes.
- Form into 12 inch long "snakes", of slightly more girth at one end.
- Take that end and start rolling the snake around it in concentric circles.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet to rise for another hour.
- Bake in your own back yard oven or at 375+ in your oven for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.