Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Low-fat cottage cheese is the secret ingredient in this delicious dish.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 10 servings (1 cup each)
- 6 (about 3 lb) large potatoes, boiled in jackets, peeled, cut into 4-inch cubes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp dill weed
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp white pepper
- In large bowl, place potatoes, celery, green onion, and parsley.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seed, dill weed, dry mustard, and white pepper until smooth.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour chilled cottage cheese mixture over vegetables and mix well.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 cup serving:
- 145 Calories | 1g Total fat | <1g Saturated fat | 2mg Cholesterol | 122mg Sodium | 29g Carbs | 3g Total fiber | 6g Protein | 543mg Potassium