- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño or Serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp.hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups canned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups tomato juice
In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except beans and tomato juice. Process until well blended but still chunky.
Transfer vegetable mixture to large serving bowl. Add beans and tomato juice; mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.