Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute onion, garlic, and tomatoes in oil until tender.
- Add Italian seasoning, pepper and salt to the beaten eggs and add to onion mixture.
- Stir in spinach and cheese.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and turn heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes and check for firmness.
- Cut into wedges with spatula and serve.
- Garden Frittata from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource