Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Enjoy the exquisite taste of fresh summer vegetables with this burger from Claire McIntosh of Brooklyn, NY.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced crosswise into six ¾ inch slices.
- 1 large Bermuda onion, peeled and sliced into 6 disks
- 1 large zucchini squash, sliced lengthwise into 6 strips
- 1 large yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise into 6 strips
- 6 x ½ inch slices of beefsteak tomato
- ¾ cup virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 6 oz V-8 juice
- ⅓ cup herb-flavored wine vinegar (such as tarragon vinegar)
- 6 whole wheat pitas or 6 sliced Italian rolls
- celery salt
- Marinate the vegetables in the marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Grill vegetables on both sides over medium-hot coals until they are tender and slightly charred.
- Lightly grill the bread.
- Layer the vegetables in the bread.
- Sprinkle with celery salt.