Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Garam Masala (Indian Spice Blend) from the Seattle & King County Office of Public Health—source of original recipe, in the public domain
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 12 cardamom pods
- 8 cloves
- 1 x 2-inch cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place cumin, coriander, peppercorns, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook until spices start to smoke and become aromatic. Constantly shake skillet for about 5 minutes then stir in nutmeg.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place toasted spices in a spice or cleaned out coffee grinder and grind until finely ground.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use as a spice rub over your favorite meats such as chicken, pork, beef or seafood.