Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- deboned gar meat free of gelatinous tissue.
- boiled potatoes (pound for pound of gar meat)
- ½ cup green onion tops, finely chopped
- 1 lb corn flour, not cornmeal or white flour
- crawfish boil, pre-mixed type such as Zatarain's. Add no other seasoning as the crawfish boil will supply the seasoning. Use the real spicy suggestions in the instructions.
- Wrap gar meat in cheese cloth and boil exactly as you would crabs or crawfish. This renders the gar meat snow white and taste like lump white crab meat.
- Combine the gar meat, green onions, and potatoes.
- Mash this mixture until you are able to form patties.
- Dip firm patties in egg/milk mixture then dredge in corn flour.
- Deep fry at 350°F for approximately 8 – 10 minutes.
- Serve with cold beer!