Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 3 to 4 lbs brust (boneless brisket)
- 2 tbsp schmaltz (oil) (I always have this in the fridge)
- 3 large carrots
- ½ lb prunes
- ½ lb dried apricots
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- juice of one orange
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- Sear meat in hot fat (oil) in a Dutch oven or heavy skillet on top of the stove.
- Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Peel carrots and cut into 1-inch round slices.
- Place them around the meat.
- Add prunes, apricots and lemon slices.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut in 1-inch slices.
- Place over meat and fruit in the roaster.
- Add orange juice to boiling water.
- Combine brown sugar and flour and add enough water to make a thin paste.
- Add this paste to the orange-juice mixture.
- Pour over the tzimmes.
- If necessary add more boiling water to bring water to the top of the tzimmes.
- Cover; bake at 400 °F for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 325 °F and continue baking 4½ hours.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.