Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1½ pounds halved lengthwise eggplant
- 2 halved plum tomatoes
- 1 small, quartered onion
- 4 cloves large, unpeeled garlic
- 1 sprig, fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 dash fresh, minced parsley
- 1 package toasted pita triangles bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place eggplant, skin side up, in a large roasting pan.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic and thyme.
- Drizzle oil evenly over vegetables.
- Bake until eggplant is very tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Cool vegetables slightly.
- Peel eggplant and garlic.
- Transfer eggplant pulp, garlic, tomatoes, onion and any liquid in bottom of pan to the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add thyme leaves, discarding stem.
- Purée until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper (can be prepared 1 day ahead; refrigerate)
- Garnish with parsley and serve dip at room temperature with pita bread triangles.