- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Drain the cooking liquid and reserve; set the shrimp aside to cool.
- Add bouillon granules and additional water to the shrimp cooking liquid to make 4 cups.
- Simmer the onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms in ½ cup of the bouillon to soften.
- Stir in the carrots, tomatoes, spices, rice and remaining bouillon; bring to a boil and simmer 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, peel the shrimp.
- Just before serving, adjust the seasonings if needed, stir in the shrimp and green peas and garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.