Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shrimp in garlic sauce
- Serves 2
- 1 lb. 20 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 whole dried chili pepper, crushed (guindillas or peperoncini)
- sprinkle of salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- juice from one lemon
- ½ cup white wine
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large frying pan.
- Add the fresh shrimp.
- Fry for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, chile, salt and black pepper.
- Saute another minute over high heat.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, white wine and another generous splash of olive oil.
- Saute until shrimp is fully cooked, and liquid is slightly reduced another minute.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with rustic bread to soak up the lemony, olive oil.