Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 red peppers, crushed or 2 heaping tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 cup butter or oil
- Marinate (soak) the chicken pieces in piripiri sauce for at least two hours (if you have time for them to marinate longer, cover and refrigerate).
- When you’re ready to cook, melt a cup of butter and add it to the marinade.
- Use this mixture to coat chicken while it cooks.
- Either broil the chicken or grill it over a charcoal fire.
- To broil, lay pieces on a rack over a pan deep enough to catch the grease that will drip down.
- Cook 10 – 15 minutes on each side, basting several times with the sauce.
- When chicken is tender, serve with a fresh batch of piripiri sauce - made as before, but heated for five minutes before being passed around.