Baked chicken in coconut sauce
- 3 whole chickens
- 450 g onions
- 15 g garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ lemon
- 4 dl coconut milk
- 2 boiled eggs
- 10 g turmeric powder
- 100 g butter
- 900 g potatoes
- 10 g grated coconut
- ½ chourico (Portuguese sausage) or 1 boiled egg
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into small pieces and marinate with garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Put butter in a pot and saute the onions.
- Add turmeric powder, sliced lemon, chicken pieces and diced potatoes.
- Stew everything until cooked; add coconut milk.
- Correct seasoning and check consistency; sprinkle with grated coconut and gratinate under the grill until light brown.
- Finally, garnish with slices of boiled egg or chourico and black olives.
- Serve with rice.