Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Baked chicken in coconut sauce
- 3 whole chickens
- 450 g onions
- 15 g garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ lemon
- 4 dl coconut milk
- 2 boiled eggs
- 10 g turmeric powder
- 100 g butter
- 900 g potatoes
- 10 g grated coconut
- ½ chourico (Portuguese sausage) or 1 boiled egg
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into small pieces and marinate with garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Put butter in a pot and saute the onions.
- Add turmeric powder, sliced lemon, chicken pieces and diced potatoes.
- Stew everything until cooked; add coconut milk.
- Correct seasoning and check consistency; sprinkle with grated coconut and gratinate under the grill until light brown.
- Finally, garnish with slices of boiled egg or chourico and black olives.
- Serve with rice.