Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef short rib in sweet soy sauce
- 4.5 lbs gal bi (beef short ribs)
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into ¾ inch thick
- 10 chestnuts, peeled
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1.5 cups sugar
- ½ onion
- 1 head garlic
- 1 piece ginger (½ inch)
- 1 tbsp whole black pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp chung ju (sake or red wine)
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Wash ribs, put in a cold water for 1 hour.
- Drain, put in a big pot with water, soy sauce, sugar, onion, garlic, ginger, peppers and chung ju.
- Stir to melt the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the lid, cook for 2 – 3 hours until the meat falls from the bone.
- Add chestnuts and carrots 10 – 15 minutes before done.