Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled beef short rib
- 16 ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 Asian pear, chopped (or ½ Korean pear)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon juice of ginger
- Wash meat.
- Rarely but sometimes you can find tiny bone scraps stick to the meat.
- Soak in water for 1 hour, drain.
- In a food processor, add chopped onion and pear, puree finely.
- Pour out to a large bowl, add remaining ingredients, stir.
- Marinate beef for 8 – 10 hours or overnight.
- They cook fairly fast, 2 – 3 minutes on one side.
- Traditionally, it is grilled with a wood charcoal but certainly you can grill on a gas stove or out door grill.