Grilled beef short rib
- 16 ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 Asian pear, chopped (or ½ Korean pear)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon juice of ginger
- Wash meat.
- Rarely but sometimes you can find tiny bone scraps stick to the meat.
- Soak in water for 1 hour, drain.
- In a food processor, add chopped onion and pear, puree finely.
- Pour out to a large bowl, add remaining ingredients, stir.
- Marinate beef for 8 – 10 hours or overnight.
- They cook fairly fast, 2 – 3 minutes on one side.
- Traditionally, it is grilled with a wood charcoal but certainly you can grill on a gas stove or out door grill.