Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Greek filled custard dessert. This is a very special Greek pastry.
- First make the custard: scald milk and cool to warm.
- Add sugar and farina.
- Beat 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Beat eggs separately until fluffy.
- Slowly beat some milk mixture into egg mixture on medium speed and return all egg mixture into milk mixture and blend well.
- Slowly cook mixture on low heat, stirring constantly until thick, about20 minutes.
- Cool completely and chill.
- Mixture will be thick and creamy.
- Assemble: butter 6 whole filo sheets and overlap each in a buttered 9 x 13 pan so part of filo laps over edges of pan.
- Spread on all of filling.
- Flip edges of filo over to cover filling.
- Cover with 6 more buttered filo sheets and overlap and cover as before.
- Work quickly so filo doesn't dry out.
- Score ⅔rds through filo prior to baking.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or golden.
- Prepare the syrup by boiling all for 10 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over cooled pastry.