Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Indonesian Salad Recipe - Serves 6
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup cabbage, shredded
- ¾ cup green beans, sliced
- ¾ cup carrots, sliced
- ¾ cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup snow peas
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 red potatoes, cut into wedges
Peanut dressing Edit
- ¾ to 1 cup coconut milk (depending on whether you want a thicker or thinner sauce)
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste or chile paste (or Tabasco sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (or substitute 1 tablespoon soy sauce)
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Ideally, with the exception of the eggs and cucumber, all of the salad ingredients should be blanched or boiled in a large pot of boiling water. However, if you are pressed for time you can serve them raw with the exception of the potato, which has to be boiled.
- To blanch: plunge the vegetable briefly in the boiling water, then plunge into cold water. This leaves the vegetables nicely crisp and neither too firm or limp. Drain all the vegetables.
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving platter, starting on the outside of the platter and work inwards, arranging the vegetables in a colorful pattern.
- Top with the chopped eggs.