Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetable salad with peanut sauce
- ½ green cabbage
- 1 cucumber
- 3 potatoes (boiled in jackets)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 100 g long beans
- 3 beancurd cakes (pre-fried)
Peanut sauce Edit
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground chilli
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbs ground roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt / sugar to taste
- Skin potatoes and dice.
- Parboil long beans and cut 1 cm in length.
- Slice cabbage in small squares.
- Bring to boil (don’t overcook).
- Julienne cucumber.
- Parboil beansprouts.
- Slice eggs into quarters.
- Place the vegetables decoratively on a large platter.
- Serve individually with peanut sauce.
- Saute chopped onion in oil.
- Add ground chilli, reduce heat; add peanuts and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil and add coconut milk and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- This sauce is preferably served hot during winter and at room temperature during summer.