Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetables, singly or in combination, compose many East African stews. Frequently, legumes of some sort are one of the basic ingredients - peanuts, for instance, or dried beans. This Peanut sauce is Ugandan.
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, finely ground
- 3 to 4 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- Combine Onion and tomatoes and toss with curry powder. In a heavy stewing pan, sauté mixture in a small amount of oil until onions are yellow.
- Add nuts and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer, stirring constantly until simmering stage is reached. Continue cooking, uncovered, until nuts are well cooked.
- Season with salt to taste. At this point, if sauce is not reduced and slightly thickened, increase heat and reduce liquid until proper consistency. Mix in cooked spinach.