This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Fuqua Estate in Richardson, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 3 eggs separated
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Cook rice until tender then rinse with hot and cold water.
- Make a sauce of butter, flour and milk and cook until thickened.
- Beat egg yolks then add rice, sauce, seasonings and cheese.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour mixture into a greased shallow pan and bake for 40 minutes.