Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Fuqua Estate in Richardson, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 3 eggs separated
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Cook rice until tender then rinse with hot and cold water.
- Make a sauce of butter, flour and milk and cook until thickened.
- Beat egg yolks then add rice, sauce, seasonings and cheese.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour mixture into a greased shallow pan and bake for 40 minutes.