Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about a dozen 5 inch cakes. Serves 12.
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1⅓ cups milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- vegetable oil
- sifted powdered sugar
- Combine flour, sugar, milk and eggs in a bowl, beating until smooth.
- Heat ¼ inch oil to 375°F.
- In a skillet.
- Cover bottom opening of a funnel with finger (funnel with a ¾ inch opening works best)
- Pour ¼ cup batter into funnel.
- Hold funnel over skillet.
- Remove finger from funnel end to release batter into hot oil; move funnel in a slow, circular motion to form a spiral.
- Fry each funnel cake 1 minute or until edges are golden brown; turn and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve warm.