Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You can find fraykee in many Middle Eastern stores or you can do as I have done: Substitute bulgur and toast it before using in the recipe. In response to a previous request, I found this recipe in "The Frugal _ful_ are small Egyptian dried beans, according to Smith. I understand that you can use fava beans. Who knows? maybe they are the same thing.
- 1 cup dried ful beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 cup water
- 1 med ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup peeled and thinly sliced yellow onion
- Place the beans (ful) in a medium pot and add 4 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, and let stand 1 hour, covered. Drain.
- Return the ful to the pot and add 4 cups of fresh water.
- Bring to a boil, covered, and reduce to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Drain.
- Mix the beans with the tomato, garlic, parsley, and union.
- Prepare the dressing and toss with the vegetables. Chill before serving.