This popular African dish is fun to say and fun to eat. Serve fufu in place of mashed potatoes for a sweet surprise.
- Fruits & Veggies Matter by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control—original source of recipe, U.S. government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 5 cups water
- 4 ripe plantains 
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 green onions (scallions), chopped
- Peel plantains and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring water to a boil. Add plantain pieces and cook on medium-high for 20 minutes until most water is absorbed.
- Add butter and garlic to plantains. Mash with a potato masher.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
- ↑ Plantains look like large bananas and can be found in the produce section of many grocery stores. Ripe plantains will have black skins.