Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This popular African dish is fun to say and fun to eat. Serve fufu in place of mashed potatoes for a sweet surprise.
- Fruits & Veggies Matter by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control—original source of recipe, U.S. government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 5 cups water
- 4 ripe plantains 
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 green onions (scallions), chopped
- Peel plantains and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring water to a boil. Add plantain pieces and cook on medium-high for 20 minutes until most water is absorbed.
- Add butter and garlic to plantains. Mash with a potato masher.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
- ↑ Plantains look like large bananas and can be found in the produce section of many grocery stores. Ripe plantains will have black skins.