- In a heavy saucepan mix together the sugar, chocolate, and milk.
- Place the pan over high heat and stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a full boil, and lower the heat so the candy continues to boil gently, not vigorously.
- Stir no more.
- Put a candy thermometer into the center of the mixture and cook until the temperature reaches exactly 232°F.
- Meanwhile, butter a large platter (turkey size) and a flat pan about 11 by 13 inches.
- When the fudge reaches 232°F.
- Pour it into the readied platter - do not scrape the pan, but let it drip out.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter and let the mixture cool until the platter feels cool underneath.
- Add vanilla.
- Take a large slotted spoon and start to stir the liquidy mixture - it will take about 15 or 20 minutes.
- You will see a steady change from dark to light color, from glossy to dull, from liquid to solid.
- When the fudge begins to get dull, add the nuts and mix in thoroughly.
- Put fudge into the large buttered pan and press into shape with the flat of your palms.
- Cut into squares; store in airtight container if there's any left.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.