Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh ruby red strawberries give your taste buds a treat. The juice is sweet and tantalizing. Even the aroma of fresh berries excites the palate and prepares the way for a great adventure in eating. Try this recipe as you partake of a fruit that is luscious, beautiful in color, and heavenly in any menu plan. Enjoy!
- Contributed by ©Arleen M. Kaptur March 2002, Author of books and articles on living a simple, rustic lifestyle - and getting the most from each and every day. Excerpt from strawberry/chocolate Recipes by Arleen M. Kaptur
- Arleen Kaptur may be contacted at http://www.arleenssite.com email@example.com
- http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=3502 to view more of her articles.
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- ½ cup strawberry preserves (not jelly or jam)
- 12 strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 – 2 fresh peaches, sliced thinly
- 1 cup peach preserves
- ½ cup whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13”x9”x2”pan.
- Prepare white cake mix per package instructions and bake.
- Split cake in half horizontally.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread this layer with strawberry preserves.
- Place top layer of cake over strawberry preserves.
- Score the top of the cake with knife to mark 24 servings.
- Alternate fresh strawberries with peach slices on alternate blocks. (Quilt design)
- Heat the peach preserves and strain. Brush the fruit with the warmed glaze.
- Garnish with whipped topping and curled chocolate strip.