Fruity Baked Squash Rounds from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 1 large acorn squash, cut into ½ inch rings, seeds removed
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a 13" X 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange squash rounds in baking dish.
- Combine orange juice, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Drizzle over squash.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Spoon whole cranberry sauce or blueberry sauce into center of squash rounds.