Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups cooked brown or wild rice
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 California avocados
- ¼ cup safflower or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp Dijon-style mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chill rice.
- Pour boiling water over raisins and apricots in small bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes, drain and cool.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place pecans on shallow baking pan; bake 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside.
- Prepare vinaigrette.
- Toss rice, raisins, apricots, and pecans with vinaigrette, refrigerate 1 hour.
- Just before serving, halve, seed and peel avocados.
- Fill each half with rice salad and serve.
- Shake all ingredients together in tightly covered container.