Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are excellent biscotti's made with whole wheat flour and various fruits. Makes a great snack or breakfast snack. These are another must at my house during the holidays. Makes a great gift.
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¾ cup chopped dates or dried apricots or dried fruit
- Place nuts in a shallow pan and bake 325 °F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, let cool.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In bowl combine flour,baking powder,salt and spices.
- Add to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Fold in fruit.
- Make into loaves ½ inch high and 2 inches wide.
- Bake in 325 °F oven for 25 minutes or light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes,with a serrated knife slice diagonally at 45 degree angle about ½ inch thick.
- Lay slices on side, bake 10 minutes or longer to dry slightly.
- Let cool on rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.