- 1 cup wheat berries, rinsed
- 1 cup pearl barley, rinsed
- 1 cup millet seeds
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh fruit and/or Berries (such as peaches, raspberries, blueberries)
After Wheat berry-Barley mixture has cooked 50 minutes, add toasted millet, cover and simmer until all grains are tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff grains with fork and let cool.
In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over grain mixture and toss well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, top with fresh fruit and/or Berries.