Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 large cooking Apple (would work
- fine with a dessert Apple)
- 1 250 gram packet of
- ready-to-eat prunes
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup skimmed milk, or substitute
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Take a pan that can go from stove to table; i have an 8-inch diameter enamelled steel casserole that works well. Peel, core, and slice the Apple.
- Place it in the pan with the prunes, Sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring it to a boil.
- While it is heating, sift the flour with baking powder and salt, then stir in the milk and Apple sauce.
- Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the hot fruit, then sprinkle with the remaining tablespoonful of Sugar. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 mins. Serve hot