Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Medley from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- non-fat cooking spray
- 2¼ cups medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2¼ cups parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cups orange juice
- ⅓ cup dried chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add carrots, parsnips, pears, orange juice, dates and ginger.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to boiling then reduce heat to simmer, uncovered, for about 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add sugar and butter and stir to coat vegetable mixture.
- Cook for an additional 2–3 minutes then serve as a side dish.