Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
it's DELICIOUS and low fat
- 1¾ lb fresh ripe fruit (melon, papaya, mango, guava)
- 3 drops yellow food color (or color of fruit, optional)
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ tsp salt
- Peel and seed fruit. Cut into chunks. In covered blender at medium speed or in food processor with knife blade attached, blend fruit (you may use any fruit of your choice) and 1 cup milk until smooth; set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, sprinkle the 2 envelopes of gelatin evenly over 1 cup milk. Cook over medium-low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in fruit mixture, remaining milk, corn syrup, and remaining ingredients. (Mixture may have curdled appearance.) Pour mixture into 13" by 9" baking pan. Cover with foil and freeze until partially frozen, about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into chilled large bowl; with mixer at medium speed, beat until smooth but still frozen. For smooth sherbet you must keep the fruit mixture frozen while you beat it, so it’s best if you chill the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for a while. (If the mixture melts, ice crystals may form, resulting in a coarse, icy texture).
- Repeat as before, with beating mixture. Return mixture to pan. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.