Makes 4 servings.
- 1-pint basket fresh California strawberries, stemmed and halved, divided
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- lettuce leaves
- 2 cups fresh fruits in season (blueberries, sliced peaches, kiwifruit or raspberries)
- To make strawberry dressing:
- In container of electric blender puree enough of the strawberries (about 1/2 cup) to make 1/4 cup puree; reserve remaining strawberries.
- In bowl stir puree, mint and honey into sour cream to blend.
- To assemble salads, line individual salad plates with lettuce.
- Arrange reserved strawberries with other fruits on lettuce.
- Top with strawberry dressing.