Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit, fruit, fruit ! What can I say more about this fresh and healthy fruit salad a la Belgian style ! Enjoy !
- 5 x heads of Belgian endive (chicory)
- 2 x celery hearts thinly sliced into rings
- 4 x oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 lb seedless white grapes
- 1/2 lb black grapes halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced Mushrooms (optional) 2 bunches watercress (optional)
Citrus spring dressing:
- 9 tbl olive oil
- 3 tbl orange juice
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 x green onions thinly sliced
- 1 x salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the Belgian endive heads reserving 10 to 12 leaves to garnish.
- Toss together the sliced Belgian endive celery oranges grapes and Mushrooms if using in a bowl.
- Separate the watercress if using into sprigs and set aside.
- Beat together all the ingredients for the dressing with salt and pepper to taste until well blended.
- Alternatively place all the ingredients in a screwtop jar and shake vigorously to combine well before using.
- Pour the dressing over the salad about 1 hour before serving and toss to mix well.
- Add the watercress just before serving and garnish with reserved Belgian endive leaves.