Purchased from the Ketchum Estate in Texarkana, Texas in 1991. Notation on card indicates this recipe was clipped from a 1922 newspaper. This is incredible. I have made this several times and it gets better each time. It goes extremely well with Ham or Chicken.
- 2 cups Apple sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh apricots
- Â¼ cup blanched almonds, coarsely ground
- 1 fresh peach, peeled and pitted
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- butter a ceramic dish.
- Place 1 cup of Apple sauce in dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Add 1 cup of the peaches and 1 cup of the apricots.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Add the remaining applesauce, peaches and apricots.
- Blend peach, Sugar and lemon juice together.
- Pour over fruit mixture in casserole dish and bake for one hour.