In Romanian: Prajitura cu fructe I
- 13 oz / 375 g confectioner's sugar
- 13 oz / 375 g butter
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g seasonal fruits
- butter for greasing the pan
- confectioner's sugar
- Cream the butter with the sugar, add the yolks one by one, mixing continuously, then vanilla, flour and finally, the whipped egg whites. butter a deep pan and fill with slightly less than half of the batter.
- Bake at medium heat.
- When almost done, remove from the oven and quickly place a layer of fruit (raspberries or strawberries, sour cherries or apricots).
- Pour the rest of the batter to cover the fruits and bake again.
- When done, invert onto a wooden cutting board, cover with a cloth and let cool.
- Cut into rectangles or squares (not too big).
- Sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top.