In Romanian: Cosulet cu fructe
- 8 oz / 250 g butter
- 1 lb / 500 g flour
- 4 tablespoons slightly sweetened cold water
- a little salt
- 1 lb / 500 g whipped cream
Seasonal fruits Edit
- Mix the water, flour and salt; roll a sheet the width of a pencil.
- Then spread the butter over it in a uniform layer.
- Fold envelope style and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Repeat the rolling and folding of the dough 3 times, refrigerating it each time for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Roll into a large circle and place this in a layer cake pan (with removable bottom) with the edges hanging outside.
- Bake at medium heat until golden.
- Remove from the oven and with a sharp knife, cut the dough that overhangs the rim of the layer cake pan.
- Then release the bottom and take out the baked basket.
- Boil the milk with the vanilla and sugar.
- After coming to a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat the yolks, gradually adding the milk mixture and stirring continuously until all the milk is used up.
- Then add the potato flour which was previously mixed with a little of the yolk and milk mixture.
- Pour everything into a double boiler and stir until it starts to resemble a soft paste.
- Remove from heat, add butter, mix well and refrigerate 15 – 20 minutes before serving, spread the cream on the bottom of the basket and top with the washed and drained fruits, sprinkled with sugar and rum.
- On top of the fruits, put some whipped cream and garnish with a few fruits.
- The basket may be prepared 1 – 2 days in advance but the filling is placed just before serving.