Apple juice concentrate makes this cake just sweet enough. For a double layer cake or 9x13 pan, simply double the recipe.
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup frozen organic apple juice concentrate, thawed
- ½ cup (1 stick) organic butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups unbleached organic white flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray and flour an 8-inch round or square cake pan using canola or olive oil spray.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- Whisk in apple juice and vanilla, then slowly whisk in butter.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with baking powder.
- Whisk into liquid mixture, beating to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pans, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
Sugar-free Frosting Ideas Edit
- Spread softened cream cheese on cake and top with fresh chopped fruit such as strawberries, mangos, peaches, kiwi, or blueberries.
- Whip heavy cream and mix with chopped fresh fruit of choice; spread on cake.
- Simply top cake with fresh fruit and a light dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (63 g-wt.):
- 230 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 7g saturated fat, less than 1g dietary fiber, 4g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 75mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium