Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apple juice concentrate makes this cake just sweet enough. For a double layer cake or 9x13 pan, simply double the recipe.
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup frozen organic apple juice concentrate, thawed
- ½ cup (1 stick) organic butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups unbleached organic white flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray and flour an 8-inch round or square cake pan using canola or olive oil spray.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- Whisk in apple juice and vanilla, then slowly whisk in butter.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with baking powder.
- Whisk into liquid mixture, beating to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pans, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
Sugar-free Frosting Ideas Edit
- Spread softened cream cheese on cake and top with fresh chopped fruit such as strawberries, mangos, peaches, kiwi, or blueberries.
- Whip heavy cream and mix with chopped fresh fruit of choice; spread on cake.
- Simply top cake with fresh fruit and a light dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (63 g-wt.):
- 230 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 7g saturated fat, less than 1g dietary fiber, 4g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 75mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium