- Store unopened frozen asparagus at 0 °F or below until ready to use.
- Temperature changes shorten shelf life and speed deterioration.
- Store opened thawed asparagus in a tightly covered nonmetallic container and refrigerate. Use within 2 days.
- Add frozen asparagus to ½ cup boiling water in a saucepan. After water boils again, reduce temperature. Cover and simmer until tender.
- Frozen asparagus should be heated only to serving temperature and served soon after heating.
- Add flavor to frozen asparagus by seasoning with herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, dill, or lemon juice.
Serve frozen asparagus as a side dish, or use in a variety of main dishes, soups, appetizers, casseroles, and salads.
- Asparagus, Frozen by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe